Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Boyu Zhang <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 16:03:48 UTC

Finished Jobs web UI

Hello users,

I have the job history server daemon running, and disabled the history
cleaner.

I enabled the yarn log aggregation, with the following setting:

    <property>
        <name>yarn.log.server.url</name>
        <value>http://xxxx:19888/jobhistory/logs/</value>
    </property>
<property>
        <name>yarn.log-aggregation-enable</name>
        <value>true</value>
    </property>

The settings in mapred-site.xml regarding job history server is default.

Now that I see the finished job logs on hdfs:///tmp/logs/user/appID, but is
there a way to see that through the web UI? Accessing this:
http://xxxx:19888/jobhistory/logs/ from safari give me the following error:

Cannot get container logs without a ContainerId
Cannot get container logs without a NodeId
Cannot get container logs without an app owner

Any suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Boyu

Re: Finished Jobs web UI

Posted by Varun Saxena <vs...@gmail.com>.
This configuration is used for redirection by NM Web UI.
NM will append container id, node id and app owner depending on the
container whose logs you want to see.

Regards,
Varun Saxena.

Re: Finished Jobs web UI