Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Clark, Gil W." <Gi...@intuit.com> on 2007/04/18 16:55:17 UTC

Question on building Maven 2.0.x

A couple weeks back I was successfully building Maven 2.0.x.  The last
stage of the build is to run mvn assembly:assembly in the maven-core
directory.  The resultant zip, gz, etc. contained the uberjar called
maven-2.0.x-uber.jar which goes in the lib directory.  Unzip it
somewhere - everything runs fine.

About 4 days ago the build mysteriously stopped building the uber jar.
I've tried this on two different machines with the same result - I have
no idea what changed - nothing I did (on purpose).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Question on building Maven 2.0.x

Posted by "Clark, Gil W." <Gi...@intuit.com>.
I figured it out - I went back to v 1.4 of shade.

 Sorry to be naïve but is the shade work going to replace the way the uber jar was used?

Thanks

On 18 Apr 07, at 10:55 AM 18 Apr 07, Clark, Gil W. wrote:

> A couple weeks back I was successfully building Maven 2.0.x.  The last
> stage of the build is to run mvn assembly:assembly in the maven-core
> directory.  The resultant zip, gz, etc. contained the uberjar called
> maven-2.0.x-uber.jar which goes in the lib directory.  Unzip it
> somewhere - everything runs fine.
>
> About 4 days ago the build mysteriously stopped building the uber jar.
> I've tried this on two different machines with the same result - I
> have no idea what changed - nothing I did (on purpose).

A couple folks have been working on the shade plugin so I'll lock it down to a version as during alpha releases features have been added which changed the configuration.

Jason.

Posted by "Clark, Gil W." <Gi...@intuit.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.