Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/10/30 16:27:09 UTC

Re: feature request/idea

Rob Hartill wrote:

> I've been trying to get mod_expires to be disabled for .de files while
> enabled for .en
>
> I couldn't see any way to do this.
>
> How about something like
>
> <Language de>
>   ExpiresActive off
> </Language>
>
> as a solution, or to make it more general, dependent on HTTP headers in or out:
>
> <Output Content-Langage de>
>   ExpiresActive off
> </Output>
>
> <Output Content-Type image/jpeg>
>    ExpiresActive on
>    ExpiresDefault A21600
>
>    deny from www.jpeg-snatchers.com
> </Output>
>
> <Input User-Agent MS-Catapult>
>   deny from all
> </Input>
>

> Not sure if this at all feasible, but it'd be extremely useful for lots
> of applications.

Neat idea. You can probably do the <Input...> version, but <Output...> is a
little troublesome, since by the time you know the output you've probably
already run mod_expires (and anything else you might want to tweak).

We're heading towards a programming language instead of a configuration file,
y'know!

Cheers,

Ben.