Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wileynet <wi...@wileynet.com> on 2003/03/25 07:14:59 UTC

Cannot Update MYSQL Database

I'm running this code with no errors but it's not inserting the string
into the database ?

public void addInfo( String referer )
      throws SQLException, Exception {
         if (con != null) {
            try{

               PreparedStatement updateInfo;
               updateInfo = con.prepareStatement(
                                    "insert into info(?)");
               updateInfo.setString(1, referer )
               updateInfo.execute();

            }
               catch (SQLException sqle){
                  sqle.printStackTrace();
               }
         }
         else {
            error = "Connection with database was lost.";
            throw new Exception( error );
         }
      }

This is my database
mysql> desc info;
+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field   | Type      | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| ID      | int(11)   |      | PRI | 0       |       |
| REFERER | char(200) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Any Idea why nothing is showing up. Referer is a String its printing out
on the page but not updating the database?

Thanks anyone
-wiley