Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sa...@women-at-work.org on 2005/06/11 22:22:33 UTC

Configuring URLRewriteFilter (Tuckey) for Tapestry in web.xml

I only want to use the UrlRewriteFilter for *.html

How do I tell within web.xml to use for all other requests
the tapestry filter?

Usually it is set to "/"....and you can only work with "*" within
url-pattern.....

<filter>
    <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter</filter-class>
	</filter>

	<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>UrlRewriteFilter</filter-name>
	    <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>redirect</filter-name>
        <filter-class>org.apache.tapestry.RedirectFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>redirect</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Another question is about tomcat:

I want to have domainA.com for web application A and domainB.com for
application B and maybe access tomcat manager at manager.domainA.com

By default you always get long URLS like /domainA/app /domainB/app
and I want to have the homepage at www.domainA.com within any additional
stuff in the url....

Or is that impossible with tomcat ?