Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/07/15 19:42:02 UTC

2.0.10 RC and shading of plexus-utils Xpp3 classes

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're quickly approaching a stable
build that I feel comfortable cutting as RC-1 so we can start abusing it.

First, however, I've had to revert the patch for MNG-3503, since this
patch (which refined the shaded exclusions to only leave the Xpp3Dom and
three related serializer/parser/exception classes). This change was
causing a linkage error when combined with maven-site-plugin version
1.0-beta-6 to build a project with packaging == 'pom' and a site
descriptor. Apparently, the metadata class used to store the site
descriptor couldn't use the writeToSerializer(..) method of Xpp3Dom.

This was listed as a minor issue, so I've added an integration test to
cover this scenario, and pushed the issue to 2.0.11 so we can regroup
and figure something else out.

In addition, as I mentioned in another thread on this list, I've rolled
back the doxia version to alpha-10 (the one we used in 2.0.9, and the
one used in site plugin 1.0-beta-6) since beta-1 isn't released yet and
definitely doesn't have an appropriate track record to know what effects
its introduction will have on site generation.

I'm running a full build now on two CI systems, including
integration-tests, and plan to cut the first release candidate this
afternoon. If you have any concerns about my plans, please let me know.

Thanks,

-john

--
John Casey