Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com> on 2009/06/03 17:39:26 UTC

nightly build failing? (trying to solve some memory leaks)

I'm trying to track down some memory leaks I'm seeing (just a
axis2_stub_create_foo() immediately followed by axis2_stub_free() leaks
memory), and I thought I'd try out the latest axis2/java snapshot
because I noticed some problems in the generated C code.

However, the build has been failing for two weeks with the same error:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager getting plugin
'org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin': Failed to create plugin
container for plugin 'Plugin [org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin]':
Error starting container
No such file or directory

Is anyone going to fix that, or do I need to figure out how to build
things myself?

eric

RE: nightly build failing? (trying to solve some memory leaks)

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.

I updated to Axis2c-1.6.0, and AXIS2-NIGHTLY-367, and the memory leaks
went away.  Now I'm just getting a core dump in
axis2_raw_xml_in_out_msg_recv_invoke_business_logic_sync() on the first
request sent through, but only sometimes.  I'll start a separate thread
for that issue.

>We have forwarded your mail to Axis2/Java list. They will help us to
>fix the problem.
ok, thanks.

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
Hi Eric,

<EH...@transunion.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to track down some memory leaks I'm seeing (just a
> axis2_stub_create_foo() immediately followed by axis2_stub_free() leaks
> memory),

Can you give some more details about the leak, so that we can have a
look? We haven't come across such problem upto this time. Possibly it
might have been introduced recently.

>and I thought I'd try out the latest axis2/java snapshot
> because I noticed some problems in the generated C code.
>
> However, the build has been failing for two weeks with the same error:
>
> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager getting plugin
> 'org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin': Failed to create plugin
> container for plugin 'Plugin [org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin]':
> Error starting container
> No such file or directory
>
> Is anyone going to fix that, or do I need to figure out how to build
> things myself?

We have forwarded your mail to Axis2/Java list. They will help us to
fix the problem.

Regards,
Shankar

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect

Fwd: nightly build failing? (trying to solve some memory leaks)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
I'm trying to track down some memory leaks I'm seeing (just a
axis2_stub_create_foo() immediately followed by axis2_stub_free() leaks
memory), and I thought I'd try out the latest axis2/java snapshot
because I noticed some problems in the generated C code.

However, the build has been failing for two weeks with the same error:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager getting plugin
'org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin': Failed to create plugin
container for plugin 'Plugin [org.apache.axis2:axis2-aar-maven-plugin]':
Error starting container
No such file or directory

Is anyone going to fix that, or do I need to figure out how to build
things myself?

eric

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

RE: nightly build failing? (trying to solve some memory leaks)

Posted by "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EH...@transunion.com>.

Don't tell me, I'm not trying to build it.  I was just looking for the
snapshot build for that day, and the standard build appears to be
broken.  (it's still broken as of right now, but the 3 week old snapshot
seems to work for me)

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

You need to go inside modules/tool/axis2-aar-maven-plugin,
modules/tool/axis2-mar-maven-plugin directories and build them first, before
building Axis2.

Supun

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc