Posted to ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com> on 2001/08/27 16:55:03 UTC

ecs2

(this is sort of a re-post aimed mainly at developers - but don't let that
stop anyone else :)

i've committed a generated package (org.apache.ecs.xhtml) into
jakarta-ecs2.

i'd find it really useful if i could get some feedback concerning
improvements needed for the generation template. (please be kind since it'
s only the first iteration.)

- robert

Re: ecs2

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 03:17 PM, Stephan Nagy wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> maybe i should add a generation setup into cvs so that we can just
>> commit changes to the template rather than the results.
>> we can commit once the results are satisfactory.
>

> That sounds good, as I am on dialup as well ( hopefully after tommorrow I
> won't be though )

i have the generation working ok here but i want to wait until some
commons-digester stuff is committed.
that way you can grab a standard cvs compile of digester rather than
having to use one rolled by me.

- robert

Re: ecs2

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
there's a problem with generating with the velocity release candidate.

don't bother trying the generation till it's fixed.

- robert

Re: ecs2

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 03:24 PM, Stephan Nagy wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> are there any objections to me removing the generated classes from
>> src/org/
>> apacge/ecs/xhtml?
>>
>> they are a real PITA for me since it now takes me about 30 mins to do a
>> cvs update
>>
> Thats fine with me.  Earthlink has yet to deliver my dsl equipment so I'm
> stuck in dialup hell right now as well.

i've removed the generated classes and the generation scripts are now
working.

if you want to give generation a spin you'll need ant 1.4, a recent
velocity 1.2, and the latest releases for commons-collections,
commons-beanutils and commons-digester. the xhtml generation script is in
jakarta-ecs2/generation/xhtml-gen. you can either put those jar's into
jakarta-ecs2/generation/lib or you can alter the build.properties. once
you have ant 1.4 installed, you can generate and build ecs2 by typing 'ant'
, the template's is jakarta-esc2/generation/xhtml-
gen/templates/ElementTemplate.vm.java and it's pretty readable.

- robert

Re: ecs2

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> are there any objections to me removing the generated classes from
> src/org/
> apacge/ecs/xhtml?
>
> they are a real PITA for me since it now takes me about 30 mins to do
> a cvs update

Thats fine with me.  Earthlink has yet to deliver my dsl equipment so
I'm stuck in dialup hell right now as well.

-stephan

Re: ecs2

Re: ecs2

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
the generation scripts are now working ok.

- robert

Re: ecs2

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>.

Re: ecs2