Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Carel <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/22 09:00:33 UTC

[users@httpd] WAP .htaccess authentication

Hi to all;

I am trying to password protect a directory that contains a .wml page. I am running Apache 1.3.29 in a Linux Advance server and do use ".htaccess" ....but it does not work for .wml . htaccess authentication work with html browser but not in a WAP mobile browser.

I configure http.conf to include wap parameters:

DirectoryIndex  index.wml
 Addtype text/vnd.wap.wml wml
 Addtype application/vnd.wap.wmlc wmlc
 Addtype text/vnd.wap.wmlscript wmls
 Addtype application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc wmlsc
 Addtype image/vnd.wap.wbmp wbmp

And the .htaccess:

AuthName "WAP Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/www/htdocs/wap/htpasswd.users
require valid-user

This works if browsed with an http browser but not in WAP mobile browser. Do I missed something? I've searched all over the internet but the solution still doesnt works.

Please help me.... and thanks in advanced.

Regards,

KBC