Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2016/04/16 01:47:29 UTC

Our API compatibility history

Since this has now shown up in my Google alerts, I should stop dawdling on
pointing it out.

http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/accumulo/

The author of the Java API Compliance Checker has been working on showing
API changes over time. His tooling will eventually be open sourced, but for
now it's just for projects he chooses to include.

He was gracious enough to add Accumulo to the list after I expressed
interest. He was also able to quickly update it according to our API
definition after I let him know how to find it.

It's nice to see reinforcement that we've been doing well since adopting
semver!

--
Sean Busbey

Re: Our API compatibility history