Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dharmendra Jaiswal <dh...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/12 10:54:55 UTC

How we can get JSON response using CloudSolrServer

I am using Solr4.4.0 version with SolrCloud (i.e. a ZooKeeper aware setup)
I want to get search response in JSON using CloudSolrServer (of SolrJ API).
Any pointer will be helpful.

Re: How we can get JSON response using CloudSolrServer

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
If you're using SolrJ, then the response is already in Java format, so just
use a JSON package to map the Java map to JSON text.

Or, just call Solr directly using HTTP and specify wt=json to get raw JSON
from Solr.

BUT... this sounds more like an XY problem. I mean, if the response is
already in Java, why do you need JSON? The real purpose of a JSON response
is usually simply to more easily map it to Java (or JavaScript.)

-- Jack Krupansky