Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com> on 2009/01/03 16:20:34 UTC

Re: HTTP Pipelining

On 3 Jan 2009, at 15:14, Noah Slater wrote:

>> whereby a client may issue multiple GET requests at once at the
>> beginning of a
>> single TCP connection.
>> This is where I hope someone will pipe up and say this already
>> exists :-)
>
> Why not just thread your client code? :)

That doesn't really solve the issue, which is that making separate
HTTP requests is expensive for people on dialup :-)

Jason
--
Jason Davies

www.jasondavies.com

Re: HTTP Pipelining

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason, Couch does support pipelining, and takes advantage of that
support in the replication code.  Unfortunately, you'll find that not
all HTTP clients can pipeline. Python's httplib, for one. Best,

Adam

Sent from my iPhone