Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Ramnarine, Michael" <Mi...@iona.com> on 2006/11/01 20:34:16 UTC

RE: NPE in JaxWsServiceFactoryBean [was Re: svn commit: r469066 ...]

After picking up the changes from Sunday might, I'm seeing a similar NPE
in JaxWsServiceFactoryBean:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeParameter
(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:248)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeParameter
(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:226)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initalizeClassInfo(
JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:207)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.initializeWSDLOpera
tion(JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.java:122)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeWS
DLOperations(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:237)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeSe
rviceModel(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:177)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create(Refle
ctionServiceFactoryBean.java:115)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.createPort(ServiceImpl.java:239)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.getPort(ServiceImpl.java:199)
        at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:94)

The relevant WSDL and Service class are attached.

Roughly, here's what the code that fails is doing (the NPE occurs in
getPort):

  private static final QName LOCATOR_SERVICE_NAME =
     new QName("http://ws.iona.com/2005/11/locator", "LocatorService");
  private static final QName LOCATOR_PORT_NAME =
     new QName("http://ws.iona.com/2005/11/locator",
"LocatorServicePort");
  String contractLocation =
     "http://my_server:43000/services/LocatorService";
  URL locatorContractURL = new URL(contractLocation);
  Service service = Service.create(locatorContractURL,
LOCATOR_SERVICE_NAME);
  locatorProxy = (LocatorService) service.getPort(LOCATOR_PORT_NAME,
LocatorService.class);

Any ideas?

-Mike

Re: NPE in JaxWsServiceFactoryBean [was Re: svn commit: r469066 ...]

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Mike,

Fix it up.

Cheers

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang
Software Engineer

IONA Asia Pacific Software Development Center
No.2 Floor A Unit Information Center
Zhongguancun Software Park Haidian District,
Beijing, P.R.China

Tel.: +86-10-82825151 -  ex. 551
Fax: +86-10-8282-5210
freeman.fang@iona.com
Making Software Work Together TM

Re: NPE in JaxWsServiceFactoryBean [was Re: svn commit: r469066 ...]

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Mike,