Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Simon Large <sl...@slarge.plus.com> on 2005/05/28 21:01:09 UTC

Release notes error

Hi folks,

Your release notes state that the --ignore-externals applies to the
switch command.

The switch command help doesn't show this option and the
svn_client_switch2() API does not have that parameter.

To be consistent with update, it probably should be there eventually.

Simon

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: Issue #2189: --ignore-externals [was: Release notes error]

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Julian Foad wrote:
> C-Mike Pilato, would you agree that the issue summary should be changed
> back for re-opening, and a new issue opened for stickiness, as I
> describe?  (I ask you because you changed it.)

Nothing heard, so I've done that: changed issue #2189 to be about implementing
"--ignore-externals", and specifically that "switch" still needs the option;
and opened a new issue #2377 as an enhancement request for the stickiness.

- Julian

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

Julian Foad wrote:
> Simon Large wrote:
>> Your release notes state that the --ignore-externals applies to the
>> switch command.
>>
>> The switch command help doesn't show this option and the
>> svn_client_switch2() API does not have that parameter.
>>
>> To be consistent with update, it probably should be there eventually.
>
> Yes.  Issue #2189 dealt with --ignore-externals on 'checkout', 'export',
> 'update', and 'status'.  It should probably also cover 'switch' - can
> someone else confirm this?
>
> Issue #2189 has had its summary changed to track just the stickiness
> aspect - "--ignore-externals option should be sticky" - but I suggest we
> change it back to something like what it was, add 'switch' to be done,
> and close it when it is done.  We should open another issue for
> stickiness.  Agreed?

Re: Release notes error

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> writes:
> Thanks for reporting this error, Simon.  "export" should have been
> mentioned instead of "switch".  I've fixed the release notes in
> r14907.  I think the web site will get updated automatically from the
> repository, though I'm not sure of that.

Every hour on the hour, yep.

Re: Release notes error

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.