Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Abdullah bin Omar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/30 14:52:36 UTC

"myuid" in snapshot.readingstate

Hi,

when we readstate of of savepooint, we use, "myuid" as a argument of the
function. For example,

DataSet<KeyedState> keyedState = savepoint.readKeyedState("my-uid",
new ReaderFunction());

*Question 1:*

In [1] (line no 79), we get the "uid" with datastream. Then in [2] (line no
45), *how can we use the "uid" that we have got from in [1]?* Because in
[2], there is no declaration of using the "uid" from [1].

*Question 2:*

*what does it mean by "uid" in the datastream of [1]?* is it something a
unique user identification for each stream or for each state of the
datastream?

[1]
https://github.com/ververica/flink-training/blob/master/rides-and-fares/src/solution/java/org/apache/flink/training/solutions/ridesandfares/RidesAndFaresSolution.java
[2]
https://github.com/ververica/flink-training/blob/master/state-processor/src/main/java/com/ververica/flink/training/exercises/ReadRidesAndFaresSnapshot.java

Thank you

Re: "myuid" in snapshot.readingstate

Posted by Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman Rocky <ba...@gmail.com>.
I am asking on behalf of my colleagues the previous question. Though we
have a couple of questions that were in another email

Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman

Re: "myuid" in snapshot.readingstate

Posted by Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman Rocky <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, David.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:31 AM David Anderson <da...@apache.org>
wrote:

> What is dependency (in pom.xml) for the org.apache.flink.training?
>

> We don't publish artifacts for this repository.
>
> David
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 5:19 PM Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman Rocky <
> bakar121107@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> A quick question more
>>
>> I am trying to *import* org.apache.flink.training.exercises.common.sources.TaxiFareGenerator;
>> However, it can not resolve.
>>
>> What is dependency (in pom.xml) for the org.apache.flink.training?
>>

>> Thank you
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:12 AM David Anderson <da...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You can read about assigning unique IDs to stateful operators in the
>>> docs [1][2]. What the uid() method does is to establish a stable and unique
>>> identifier for a stateful operator. Then as you evolve your application,
>>> this helps ensure that future versions of your job will be able to restore
>>> savepoints taken by earlier versions and find the state they need, despite
>>> changes to the topology.
>>>
>>> The two uids specified in those two independent jobs (the streaming
>>> RidesAndFaresSolution job and the batch ReadRidesAndFaresSnapshot job) must
>>> match -- in other words, the strings must be the same. But there's nothing
>>> in that example that ensures this will be the case.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> David
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/ops/production_ready.html#set-uuids-for-all-operators
>>> [2]
>>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/ops/state/savepoints.html#assigning-operator-ids

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman

Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman

Re: "myuid" in snapshot.readingstate

Posted by David Anderson <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abu Bakar Siddiqur Rahman Rocky <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

wrote:

> You can read about assigning unique IDs to stateful operators in the docs
> [1][2]. What the uid() method does is to establish a stable and unique
> identifier for a stateful operator. Then as you evolve your application,
> this helps ensure that future versions of your job will be able to restore
> savepoints taken by earlier versions and find the state they need, despite
> changes to the topology.
>
> The two uids specified in those two independent jobs (the streaming
> RidesAndFaresSolution job and the batch ReadRidesAndFaresSnapshot job) must
> match -- in other words, the strings must be the same. But there's nothing
> in that example that ensures this will be the case.
>
> Regards,
> David
>
> [1]
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/ops/production_ready.html#set-uuids-for-all-operators
> [2]
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/ops/state/savepoints.html#assigning-operator-ids
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 4:52 PM Abdullah bin Omar <
> abdullahbinomar29@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when we readstate of of savepooint, we use, "myuid" as a argument of the
>> function. For example,
>>
>> DataSet<KeyedState> keyedState = savepoint.readKeyedState("my-uid", new ReaderFunction());
>>

>> *Question 1:*
>>
>> In [1] (line no 79), we get the "uid" with datastream. Then in [2] (line
>> no 45), *how can we use the "uid" that we have got from in [1]?* Because
>> in [2], there is no declaration of using the "uid" from [1].
>>
>> *Question 2:*
>>
>> *what does it mean by "uid" in the datastream of [1]?* is it something a
>> unique user identification for each stream or for each state of the
>> datastream?
>>

>> [1]
>> https://github.com/ververica/flink-training/blob/master/rides-and-fares/src/solution/java/org/apache/flink/training/solutions/ridesandfares/RidesAndFaresSolution.java
>> [2]