Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> on 2017/05/20 18:24:17 UTC

sling 9 very large - reducing the size?

Hello Sling ,

I've noticed sling 9 is quite big. The latest snapshot jar is about 107 MB.

- ~40MB of this is occupied by install/10/tike-bundle-1.14.jar . Is this
bundle always required?

- removing install/0/org.apache.sling.samples.slingshot-0.8.0.jar can
shave another 5MB

Reducing the sling-launchpad image size should make the platform easier
to work with.

Regards,

Re: sling 9 very large - reducing the size?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com> wrote:
> ...All I have to do is figure
> out if I need tika or not....

I *think* Tika includes libraries for many different formats, so if
you don't need some of those formats it should be possible to create a
smaller Tika jar.

-Bertrand

Re: sling 9 very large - reducing the size?

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <ie...@netdava.com>.
Hi Robert,

Thank you for the clarification and the link. All I have to do is figure
out if I need tika or not. It's still a huge bundle and maybe the tika
guys could do something to improve that, but it's another discussion.

It makes sens to be like this. I imagine some hints for using sling in
production would be welcomed and this should be there.

Have a great day,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Eugen,