Posted to gui-dev@apache.org by Maj Justin Seiferth <se...@erols.com> on 1997/06/18 22:35:33 UTC

Prototype Graphic Config system for Apache (URL)

I just found out about this list- happy days! For those of you who are
interested, I've been working on some ideas for a while and have posted
the beginnings of an interface and documentation on server functionality
at http://butler.disa.mil/ApacheConfig/.

The interface is written in Java and uses the forthcoming IFC/JFC
toolkit (works under NS3/MSIE/JDK with plugin or IFC kit from
http://developer.netscape.com or with NS40 out of the box).   This stuff
is probably "esoteric" at the moment but should be standard stuff this
fall. Plus....

The server is "generic" meaning there's no special reason for it to be
restricted to such an interface alone- equivalent HTML, X or whatever
screens would work just as well. (see comm protocol)

I'd appreciate knowing what people think of the prototype and the ideas.
More interface screens are coming soon.

Thanks...
Justin Seiferth
seiferth@erols.com