Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rusty Mccloud <rm...@huntpower.com> on 2006/11/17 18:28:18 UTC

FW: Accessing Tomcat Manager failure

Regards,

Rusty

________________________________

From: Rusty Mccloud
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 11:22 AM
To: 'users@tomcat.apache.org'
Subject: Accessing Tomcat Manager failure

I have Apache Tomcat 5.0.19 deployed remotely from the Apache
installation.  I did not do the install and am very new to Tomcat.
Tomcat is working fine but when I bring up the main Tomcat page and
select Tomcat Manager, it prompts for username and password.  When I put
in the username and password assigned to the manager role in
tomcat-user.xml, it fails to give me access.  I have deleted and
recreated the xml file and restarted Tomcat to no avail.  I need to get
access to the Manager function for an upgrade of software we have
installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rusty McCloud

Director of Operations

Hunt Power, L.P.

2212 Arlington Downs Rd., Suite 204

Arlington, TX  76011-6344

(817) 385-3642   phone

(817) 652-1935   fax

rmccloud@huntpower.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information
which may be legally confidential and/or privileged. The information is
intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender
that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

Re: Accessing Tomcat Manager failure

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Please post the file $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml so that we can see
where & how the ressource for your authorization is defined.

Greg

Re: Accessing Tomcat Manager failure

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
inside your $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml display for us your UserDatabase entry
here is mine as an example

    <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container" ....
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents