Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com> on 2006/07/31 17:33:49 UTC

Stomp - messages not received (using perl client)

Hi all,

 I just started using ActiveMQ4.0.1. To begin with, Im using the STOMP
protocol, via the perl client.

 I have a test script (write.pl) that generates 10 messages, @ 1 message
per second (destination: /queue/FOO.test). Another script (read.pl),
tries to read these messages from ActiveMQ, in a while(1) loop.

 What I found was that the read.pl would get every 2nd message!

 Also, using the "browse" script, provided by activemq, I found that the
destination contained all the 10 messages. Subsequent runs of read.pl do
not pull any messages at all. Any help to sort this out is appreciated.
Thanks.

- Sandeep

Re: Stomp - messages not received (using perl client)

Posted by Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com>.
Hi all,

 Did some more tests, this time using the ProducerTool and ConsumerTool,
provided in the activemq examples. Using the stomp perl client, I was
able to send messages to a queue and the ConsumerTool would read back
all the messages.

 However, when I used the stomp perl client to read the messages, I
found that the messages were not removed from the queue.

 Has anyone had this issue earlier? Do I need to send addtional messages
to the activemq server, to indicate a successful read ?

 I have followed other conversations here, but all of them seem to
indicate that such issue would be sorted out by turning off:

 jms.optimizeAcknowledge

while connecting [http://activemq.org/site/activemq-40-release.html]

 How do I do this via stomp, can I send this as an additional header,
while connecting ? also Im using activemq 4.0.1.

Thanks.

- Sandeep

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com> wrote:
> Yes, it was a case of not acking the message + ignorance of the stomp
> protocol.
>
> Here is the rest of the story: http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?
> post=5595219&framed=y
>
> btw, using my perl client, I subscribed with a explicit, ack:auto,
> header and it worked too (against AMQ 4.0.1).

Thanks for the heads up!

BTW aut-ack should work too with Ruby as well
--

James
-------

Re: Stomp - messages not received (using perl client)

Posted by Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
you should test against either 4.1-SNAPSHOT or a 4.0.2 SNAPSHOT.   Some
fixes were done that affect the aking of message in STOMP.

On 7/31/06, Sandeep Chayapathi <sa...@wssource.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just started using ActiveMQ4.0.1. To begin with, Im using the STOMP
> protocol, via the perl client.
>
> I have a test script (write.pl) that generates 10 messages, @ 1 message
> per second (destination: /queue/FOO.test). Another script (read.pl),
> tries to read these messages from ActiveMQ, in a while(1) loop.
>
> What I found was that the read.pl would get every 2nd message!
>
> Also, using the "browse" script, provided by activemq, I found that the
> destination contained all the 10 messages. Subsequent runs of read.pl do
> not pull any messages at all. Any help to sort this out is appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> - Sandeep

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com