Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@9business.fr> on 2008/11/24 15:41:34 UTC

Re: Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Quick and late answer. Yes this seems intentional. I'm not sure it will help but you could have a look at AutoAcctgTransTests.xml

Jacques

From: "Rees Watkins" <ga...@yahoo.co.uk>
Hi

I have been studying the accounts closely because I need to implement VAT amongst other things.

We seem to be setting the incorrect type ( invoice_item_type ) into a field that requires ( gl_account_type )

in the set statement <set field="debitEntry.glAccountTypeId" from-field="invoiceItem.invoiceItemTypeId"/> found in <simple-method
method-name="createAcctgTransForPurchaseInvoice" > in file GeneralledgerService.xml

This means that the value will always default in <simple-method method-name="getGlAccountFromAccountType" short-description="Look up
a GlAccountId from GlAccountTypeId"> to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT for a purchase order.

>From the user perspective:
When adding a new item to a purchase invoice the user can select an Invoice Item Type.
I do not think the user choice has any effect on the accounts. I think no matter what selection is made the result for the accounts
is an entry in UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT.

Is this intentional? I am not currently able to suggest a solution but feel it would be better to set the field to
UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT directly..

Kind regards
Rees