Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hookom, Jacob John" <ho...@uwec.edu> on 2002/12/13 03:33:14 UTC

Context Based Action Rollback

I'm looking for best practices for context based rollbacks.  An example would be:

department.do?dptId=4559
-->submit on addEmployeeForm.do
-->error occurred, rollback to department.do?dptId=4559

Of course the departmentId would be passed in the employee form, so it could be passed back in the forward, but, is there a better way to rollback to the page that submitted it other than doing mapping.getInputPage() and then appending the param and actual departmentId on the forward?

This issue seems to come up a lot and I'm wondering if there are any 'best'-solutions?

Regards,
Jacob Hookom