Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/26 19:58:03 UTC

[REPORT] HTrace March 2015

Hi Folks,
Please see below, this has been added to the wiki

HTraceHTrace is a tracing framework intended for use with distributed
systemswritten in java.HTrace has been incubating since 2014-11.Three
most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:  1.
Continue to grow the HTrace community  2. Continue to develop and
release stable HTrace incubating artifacts  3. Continue to explore the
integration of the HTrace framework into other     Apache productsAny
issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to beaware
of?NoHow has the community developed since the last report?There has
been a bunch of mailing list activity relating directlyto issue 3
above e.g. better integration of HTrace into HBase/HDFS.HTrace is
being represented at ApacheCon 2015 NA in April with a
presentation"Introducing Apache HTrace: An End-to-End Tracing
Framework for Distributed Systems - Colin McCabe, Cloudera -
http://sched.co/2P8QHow has the project developed since the last
report?The codebase has seen about 30 odd commits since last
reporting.Jira continues to see activity which is encouraging as
HTrace communityprogresses towards next incubating release.Date of
last release:   2015-20-01 htrace-3.1.0-incubatingWhen were the last
committers or PMC members elected?Abraham Elmahrek was elected to
become an HTrace committer onWed, 11 Feb, 2-15.Signed-off-by:   [
](htrace) Jake Farrell  [ ](htrace) Todd Lipcon  [X](htrace) Lewis
John Mcgibbney  [ ](htrace) Andrew Purtell  [ ](htrace) Billie Rinaldi
 [ ](htrace) Michael StackShepherd/Mentor notes:

Ta
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: [REPORT] HTrace March 2015

Posted by "Colin P. McCabe" <cm...@apache.org>.
+1.

Thanks, Lewis.
C.

Re: [REPORT] HTrace March 2015

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
+1 looks good, thanks Lewis

-Jake

Re: [REPORT] HTrace March 2015

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1 by me.

Re: [REPORT] HTrace March 2015

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thanks, Lewis

+1 but found some typos.
I report it here for now because I'm setting up my account to edit wiki..

 > Date of last release:
 >
 >   2015-20-01 htrace-3.1.0-incubating

s/2015-20-01/2015-01-20

 > Abraham Elmahrek was elected to become an HTrace committer on
 > Wed, 11 Feb, 2-15.

s/2-15/2015

Thanks,
Masatake