Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Melanie Courtot <co...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2006/11/17 13:30:00 UTC

Trace/BPT trap with arrays wrapped/literal

Hi,

I'm trying to use arrays with wrapped/literal.

I have a basic method sending back an array of strings:
    public java.lang.String[] searchTermName2(java.lang.String in0) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException {
       java.lang.String[] mArray = new java.lang.String[1];
        mArray[0] = "hello";
         return mArray;
    }

If I access it via the web browser no problem, I can see the response. If
I try to access it via command line I get Trace/BPT trap.

To test, if I call an other method sending just a string no problem, and
the namespaces are the same.

My client is very basic (using the stubs generated by axis):

SBOProviderService service = new SBOProviderServiceLocator();
SBOProvider port = service.getSBOWebServices();

term = port.getTermById(5);

java.lang.String[] mArray = port.searchTermName2("hello");

If I comment the array line everything works fine.If I leave it as such
nothing is done (I don't even get the term back from the first call).
If instead of sending back the array I send back null I actually get back
the reply with null.

I strongly suspect I'm doing something very wrong, but can't see what:
namespaces seem ok, I get the reply via the browser, and reply from the
"basic" methods in the command line.

Thanks for your help,
Melanie