Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2007/03/09 09:57:06 UTC

Jsp to facelets, replacements for jstl/xml and xtags

Hello,

we are currently converting our page framework from the use of
overbloated JSPs to clean facelets with templating. However, we are
facing problems regarding replacement to some existing taglibs in used.
I think at least 2 of our mainly used taglibs could be replaced by
*something* more facelets friendly, but i don't know what. We used them,
in JSP, to open and extract content from some xmls (using JSTL/xml
taglib and xpaths) and to convert xml to xhtml using an xslt (using
jakarta xtags).

currently we are, as a temporary solution, moving those used taglibs
inside some included jsp (we developped a simple JSF component that does
call the jsp and outputs it's content). It's not easy to managed but it
works. But we could reduce number of called JSP if we could do xml
operations using facelets. Does someone know a facelets taglib that can
do this or a set of JSF component/beans that provides similar features?

Thanks,
David Delbecq

Re: Jsp to facelets, replacements for jstl/xml and xtags

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I do some XML/XPath work from my view pages. I simply created facelet
functions to call. Like:

public static String getNodeValue(Node node, String xpath)
{
  node = node.selectSingleNode(xpath);
  return node == null ? null : node.nodeValue();
}