Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Lixin Meng <lx...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/09 19:34:42 UTC

RE: I desire to use XINDICE, but it doesn't work with my navtive language?

One off-topic question.

If one has a XML document with <?xml ... encoding ...?>, after the DOM/SAX
parser reads the file, is there any defined API on the parser or the
Document object to tell the original encoding?

Lixin

Posted by Saurabh Srivastava <ss...@intermediainc.com>.
Hi,
I have created an "exe" for my Java Client Application and i am trying to
run it with the Xindice database server. The problem is that my exe based
application is not able to connect to the Xindice Database.
In this scenario, i am running the server seperately using the standard
"startup.bat" file.

I am able to get the connection properly when i run the application from the
command line (or from a batch file). Any idea why i cannot get the
connection?

Saurabh

Re: Tomcat and Xindice

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Lachlan Donald wrote:
> I am having real problems with my Xindice based application server on Debian
> 3.0 / jdk 1.4.1_0 . It now crashes on a daily basis with OutOfMemory errors
> in the Tomcat logs. The only thing this system is running is Tomcat, Apache
> and Xindice.

Have you tried (and monitored) the JRockit VM? Also, what memory
parameters are you using for the VM (-Xms, -Xmx, etc...)?

> The really wierd symptom is that Tomcat seems to create a huge number of
> java processes, 50+. Also, when I get a list of processes (ps ax) I see lots
> of strange stuff like:

This is Linux and its thread management: since each thread is actually
mapped to a process, you will see a whole bunch of java processe with
ps: don't worry about them

> /bin/sh /var/xml-xindice-cvs/bin/xindice lc -c /db/cm

This is weird, and I've never seen it before. Will take a look in the
next few days (ATM I don't have a Linux machine handy to try that out).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Tomcat and Xindice

Posted by Lachlan Donald <la...@ljd.cc>.
I am having real problems with my Xindice based application server on Debian
3.0 / jdk 1.4.1_0 . It now crashes on a daily basis with OutOfMemory errors
in the Tomcat logs. The only thing this system is running is Tomcat, Apache
and Xindice.

The really wierd symptom is that Tomcat seems to create a huge number of
java processes, 50+. Also, when I get a list of processes (ps ax) I see lots
of strange stuff like:

/bin/sh /var/xml-xindice-cvs/bin/xindice lc -c /db/cm

Which is obviously me listing collections with the command line tool, but
why is it still in my process listing if I haven't used that command for
days??

I am moderately new to linux, so I might be misunderstanding something
fundamental here, but it seems like java processes aren't terminating
properly? More and more java processes seem to spawn until it finally dies
from an OutOfMemory error. I understand this problem might be a problem with
my OS, Java, Tomcat not Xindice, but I thought it might be worth a shot
asking you guys.

Btw, I am running Xindice cvs. The problem only showed up when I updated
from 1.0 to the latest cvs, but then again that was when I moved to Tomcat
too.

Regards,
Lachlan Donald