Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Roko Roic <ro...@codah.net> on 2004/12/09 15:53:22 UTC

1.1 schedule, dates

Hi,

I need the "reloadable" feature that is scheduled for the 1.1 release.
I am considering using the nightly builds and giving feedback until 1.1
final is ready, but only if it matches my projects release date.

Can you please tell me what you expect the date to be, at least roughly.
Is it weeks, 1-2 months, 2-6 months?

Cheers,
Roko

Re: 1.1 schedule, dates

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net>.
Roko Roic wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
> Is the reloadable configuration feature already available in the CVS
> snapshots?

Yes it is, you can give it a try by downloading a nightly build:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-configuration/

The API is unlikely to change much before the 1.1 release

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: 1.1 schedule, dates

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
PS, you should prefix your emails with [configuration] to help busy
developers spot the component you are interested in!  More testing of things
like reloadable configuration will help move us towards 1.1.

Eric

Re: 1.1 schedule, dates

Posted by Roko Roic <ro...@codah.net>.

[modeler] explanations

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@deliasystems.com>.
I'm trying to use commons-modeler.

I'd like to have explanations on how to use it.

   * what it the best way to create a MBean:
        - create a class derived from BasicModelMBean, or
        - create a class wrapping my resource and use default
BasicModelMBean

   * how can i remove the "modelerType" attribute that is published with my
beans

Regards,

Guillaume Nodet

Re: 1.1 schedule, dates