Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2016/02/12 19:12:26 UTC

Faster version of 'nodetool status'

Is there a faster way to get the output of 'nodetool status' ?

I want us to more aggressively monitor for 'nodetool status' and boxes
being DN...

I was thinking something like jolokia and REST but I'm not sure if there
are variables exported by jolokia for nodetool status.

Thoughts?

--

We’re hiring if you know of any awesome Java Devops or Linux Operations
Engineers!

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*
blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com
… or check out my Google+ profile
<https://plus.google.com/102718274791889610666/posts>

Re: Faster version of 'nodetool status'

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.
There was a recent performance inefficiency in nodetool status with virtual
nodes that will be fixed in the next releases (CASSANDRA-7238), so it
should be faster with this fixed.

You can also query StorageServiceMBean.getLiveNodes() via JMX (jolokia or
some other jmx client). For a list of useful management/status methods via
JMX see
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/service/StorageServiceMBean.java
.