Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 11:29:27 UTC

Content based processing in camel - Best approach

Hi,

I 'd like to process a message (basically modify an exchange body) based on
an identifier (which is also part of the message).

The processing on the exchange body can be quite handful and may involve
manipulating bytes  (which seem to influence my decision to use groovy).

Is there a way I can dynamically load groovy script (at runtime) from a
camel route?

If no, how else can I achieve this?

Note, i'd prefer not to modify the camel route for new manipulation of the
exchange body.

Re: Content based processing in camel - Best approach

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Naira & Kobo <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 'd like to process a message (basically modify an exchange body) based on
> an identifier (which is also part of the message).
>
> The processing on the exchange body can be quite handful and may involve
> manipulating bytes  (which seem to influence my decision to use groovy).
>
> Is there a way I can dynamically load groovy script (at runtime) from a
> camel route?

I dont think so. Groovy offers API to load a script and execute it.

But we love contributions so it could make sense to have this
supported in Camel somehow.

> If no, how else can I achieve this?
>
> Note, i'd prefer not to modify the camel route for new manipulation of the
> exchange body.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com