Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by Go...@g0mp.org on 2003/11/24 18:12:40 UTC

File upload and file naming

I have an issue concerning the upload-feature: I want the file to be saved with the same name as the remote filename. This will not work with simple code, of course, since we have to go through apache. Do you have any solution(s) to my problem?

ex: File uploaded: c:/myfile.txt -> save on server as: /home/usr/myfile.txt
        point being here that myfile.txt should not exist on the server before it has been uploaded.

Regards

Re: File upload and file naming

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
<Go...@g0mp.org> writes:

> I have an issue concerning the upload-feature: I want the file to be
> saved with the same name as the remote filename. This will not work
> with simple code, of course, since we have to go through apache. Do
> you have any solution(s) to my problem?

> ex: File uploaded: c:/myfile.txt -> save on server as: /home/usr/myfile.txt

>         point being here that myfile.txt should not exist on the
>         server before it has been uploaded.

http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/html/commands.en.html#id5417670

You could use 'upload names' together with 'upload filename' to
determine the information you need.  Or am I missing something?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/