Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jl...@voila.fr on 2004/09/16 11:26:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Howto translate with a reverse proxy a redirect to another application

Hi,
I have two applications with this DNS alias : app1.domain.tld and app2.domain.tld. I want  to reach these applications throutgh one reverse proxy RP (apache 2.0.50 with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http).

The RP has two DNS alias rp-app1.domain.tld and rp-alias2.domain.tld.

The configuration of my RP is :
#######################
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName rp-app1.domain.tld
  ProxyPass / http://app1.domain.tld/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://app1.domain.tld/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName rp-app2.domain.tld
  ProxyPass / http://app2.domain.tld/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://app2.domain.tld/
</VirtualHost>

The RP works but for example if I have redirect (302) in app1 to app2, the RP doesn't translate location header to rp-app2.domain.tld. So I shunt the RP and I reach app2 directly.

thank