Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2005/05/11 21:12:47 UTC

Re-marking learned spam

Is there a way to process an mbox folder to add the full report
unconditionally to all the messages in it?

I've got an "Uncaught" IMAP folder that I drag all the day's missed spam to
for a nightly sa-learn run. I'd like to be able to inspect the messages in
the morning to see the full score report, but I don't want a full report
for the large body of regular mail I receive, so I don't want to globally
request a full report on every message. Moreover, just because a message is
learned doesn't mean it will get marked as spam on the next pass, if the
new tokens don't raise the score high enough.

So I'd like to add another command to my nightly script to process the
Uncaught folder and add full reports to all the messages in it. (Mostly I
want to see the scores and rule descriptions that don't show up in the
summary header.)

I'd also be interested in hearing of any work to build automation to
analyze uncaught spam for patterns that would help rescore the rule hits
that seem to be most prevalent.

Re: Re-marking learned spam

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
In an older episode (Wednesday 11 May 2005 21:12), Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Is there a way to process an mbox folder to add the full report
> unconditionally to all the messages in it?
> so I don't want to globally
> request a full report on every message.

> So I'd like to add another command to my nightly script to process the
> Uncaught folder and add full reports to all the messages in it. (Mostly I
> want to see the scores and rule descriptions that don't show up in the
> summary header.)

just a guess:
the sa-learn manpage offers the option
-p prefs, --prefspath=file, --prefs-file=file    Set user preferences file
if you have user prefs enabled, i assume you could specify an extra prefs file
that adds full reports.

there also seem to be options to specify an entirely different config dir ...

Gurus, am i right?

regards,

wolfgang