Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/19 15:34:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Feature Branch wiki page

We've been working with feature branches for nearly 2 years now on this
project. We started fairly ad-hoc, and as it currently stands, we still
appear to be fairly ad-hoc after looking for documentation on feature
branch processes :). I propose we create a wiki page that includes some
basic instructions to help anyone in the community that wants to contribute
a larger feature to the project. This would included some general
guidelines/expectations comparing the requirements for PRs going into a
feature branch versus those going against master. It would also include
some general instructions around handling merges and what the process for
opening and finalizing a feature branch looks like. I'd be interested in
some help and/or a volunteer to contribute to this work. This may require a
vote since we're talking about dev guidelines, and I expect that to come up
in this discussion as well.

Best,
Mike

Re: [DISCUSS] Feature Branch wiki page

Posted by Shane Ardell <sh...@gmail.com>.
I would gladly help with this in whatever way I can. As someone who started
contributing not that long ago, this proposed documentation would've saved
me a lot of headaches and pain. We should have clear guidelines and
expectations for how this should work, just as we do with smaller
contributions.