Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by atokle <at...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 00:58:18 UTC

Using a . in urn in xsd namespace results in truncated package-name

We use an urn in the namespace of the wsdl and the xsd's that contains a
version number.
For the wsdl the number "1.0" result in the java-package "1_0". Thats fine.
But for the xsd the java-package is truncated to "1", and we loose the minor
version.

Is it possible to specify that it should use the same rules for the
package-name for the xsd-types too

Re: Using a . in urn in xsd namespace results in truncated package-name

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:58:18 PM atokle wrote:
> We use an urn in the namespace of the wsdl and the xsd's that contains a
> version number.
> For the wsdl the number "1.0" result in the java-package "1_0". Thats fine.
> But for the xsd the java-package is truncated to "1", and we loose the minor
> version.
>
> Is it possible to specify that it should use the same rules for the
> package-name for the xsd-types too

This is all part of the JAXB spec and is a big long complicated process.   If
you grab the PDF spec, section D.5.1 outlines how a namespaced URI is to be
mapped to a package name.   It's 2 pages long so I won't repeat it here.   You
can down it from:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=222

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Using a . in urn in xsd namespace results in truncated package-name

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
21.9.2011 1:58, atokle kirjoitti:
> We use an urn in the namespace of the wsdl and the xsd's that contains a
> version number.
> For the wsdl the number "1.0" result in the java-package "1_0". Thats fine.
> But for the xsd the java-package is truncated to "1", and we loose the minor
> version.
>
> Is it possible to specify that it should use the same rules for the
> package-name for the xsd-types too

That is strange. I get v1_0 for xsd-types too. I have the version
written as "V1.0" in the schema.

--

Q:	Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
A:	To prevent the sensible ones from going home.