Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kamlesh Joshi <Ka...@ril.com> on 2019/10/14 10:30:17 UTC

RE: [External]Re: Freeing up RAM/cache

Thanks for the response Denis ! That answers my one question. Could you please suggest on below question regarding expiration policy ?

Thanks and Regards,
Kamlesh Joshi

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Expiry policy is a part of cache configuration that cannot be changed in runtime. So, in order to add expiry policy for an existing cache, you need to drop this cache and create it anew with changed configuration.
But expiry policy doesn’t seem to be useful in your situation anyway. It removes data from both persistence and memory.
If you don’t want to lose expired entries, you’ll need to tune the size of the data region and rely on page replacement or use 3rd party persistence with read-through mode enabled and configure an expiry policy.