Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by VIKAS KUMAR Yadav <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/23 22:17:19 UTC

SUBJECT: A proposal for Contributing to Apache Apex (incubating) as a full time committer

Hi team,

can some one guide me how to start contribution to this project.

Below is my profile :

Familiar with github,SVN,gradle,maven.

Skills :
Script Language : shell ,python
OOPS Language : Java

RDBMS : Teradata,Netezza

Big data :hdfs,sqoop,pig,hive,yarn,kafka

Thanks,
Vikas

Re: SUBJECT: A proposal for Contributing to Apache Apex (incubating) as a full time committer

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Vikas,
First and foremost, welcome to Apex community.

You can look up jiras that exist, or submit your own and work on them. Then
on someone in the community will review your code and pull it in. This
makes you a contributor. With regards to be a committer, we are very open
and will look for your interest and desire.

BTW, jira migration into Apache jira is in progress, in the meanwhile we
are using current Malhar/Apex jira

Details are on http://incubator.apache.org/projects/apex.html

Thks,
Amol