Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Angelo Polo <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/25 17:07:21 UTC

Is i386 still officially supported?

Is i386 still officially supported in 3.11.x and 4.0? I could swear I saw a
statement on cassandra.apache.org to the effect that C* was supposed to run
on the i386 architecture, but can't find it anymore.

i386 and  x86 are listed in
java/org/apache/cassandra/utils/Architecture.java and they're *not* listed
in the comment in that file listing architectures excluded from official
support - not sure what status that confers.

Thanks,
Angelo Polo

Re: Is i386 still officially supported?

Posted by Angelo Polo <la...@gmail.com>.
`ant test` made it through several hundred test suites before it died:
apache-cassandra-4.0-alpha4-src/build.xml:1927: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space

Some individual tests also error out with an OOM, e.g.
IndexSummaryTest#testLargeIndexSummary.

Best,
Angelo

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.