Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 05:39:30 UTC

Some Web Applications fail to deploy !

Hi Tomcat users and owners,

I upgraded to tomcat 7.0.69 from 64 and noticed that some of the web
applications do not get deployed.
After verifying i noticed that with tomcat 7.0.64, manager.log file use to
populated with these additional logs where as it is not seen in new Tomcat.

May 05, 2016 6:26:20 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Manager: init: Associated with Deployer
'Catalina:type=Deployer,host=localhost'
INFO: Manager: install: Installing web application 'XXX' from
'file:/usr/local/webapps/XXX.war'
May 05, 2016 6:28:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Manager: install: Installing web application 'YYY' from
'file:/usr/local/webapps/YYY.war'
May 05, 2016 6:28:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Manager: install: Installing web application 'ZZZ' from
'file:/usr/local/webapps/ZZZ.war'
XXX,YYY and ZZZ do not get copied from /usr/local/webapps to Tomcat/webapps
Is this some new functionality we put in or I am missing something.

-Thanks
Utkarsh

Re: Some Web Applications fail to deploy !

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/05/2016 11:25, Utkarsh Dave wrote:
> Correcting the text if it is confusing.
>
> "XXX,YYY and ZZZ do not get copied from /usr/local/webapps to
> Tomcat/webapps after tomcat upgrade as i do not see above logs. And so i
> feel no installation happens. What can be probable reason

Those logs are from the Manager web application. That means something
was calling the Manager web application to deploy these apps. Tomcat
wasn't doing it on its own.

Mark

Posted by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com>.