Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de> on 2004/12/03 13:58:35 UTC

Wanted: 2 very new features

Hi there,

I'm currently developing a "Knowledge and method base for shape memory
alloys" (similar to a CMS) for the Ruhr-University of Bochum (in Germany) and
I'm using JSF-MyFaces for this web-application (thanks a lot for this great
work!).

To pursue a strict scheme I'm droolin over 2 very interesting
MyFaces-Features: The new WISIWYG-Editor from Sylvain Vieujot ("New
x:htmlEditor", http://kupu.oscom.org/) and the new tree-component-features
from David Le Strat ("[Patch] Added Tree Table Support to Existing Tree
Component.", http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-8).

Unfortunately I have no idea how to implement this new features in my project
because the latest myfaces-release (1.0.7) is too old for these updates. Is
it possible to grab this features from CVS or is there a new myfaces-realease
planned for the next days?

Best regards,
Hendrik Neumann

Re: Wanted: 2 very new features

Posted by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de>.
Thank you very much for your help Matthias and David. Is it already possible
to use the tree-component for navigation specified in the faces-config?

Re: Wanted: 2 very new features

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Hendrik,

If you take the latest from CVS, you will find some
examples in the demo application that should help you
getting started.

FYI - I just submitted a patch so that the tree table
component can support checkboxes per row an other
fixes.  It will probably take a few days before it
makes to the HEAD.  A myFaces committer will first
have to review the code.

Regards,

David.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: How to change the layout of the layout component

Posted by Hendrik Neumann <he...@web.de>.
Thank you Manfred. I think I'll write my own renderer and replace the
"html-table-layout"-solution through div-areas which are positioned by css (I
think that this is more XHTML-conform).

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Hendrik,
The <x:panelLayout>-Component is straight-forward and not very
sophisticated. The rendering is done in one of the hardcoded(!)
render*-methods in HtmlLayoutRenderer. So you could either extend our
existing HtmlLayoutRenderer or subclass or replace the
HtmlLayoutRenderer by your own renderer.

Manfred

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Hendrik,

if I understand you right,
you would like to load latest CVS_Version of MyFaces?

See http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html
to be able to connect to CVS.

MyFaces is stored under
incubator-myfaces