Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org> on 2016/03/09 03:21:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.24.2 (rc2)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.24.2.

0.24.2 includes the following:

The only diff with RC1 is the following: Fixed compiler warning in values
tests.
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/commit/bfeb070a2aef52f445eb057076d344fd184eb461>
As I described in the RC1 [VOTE] thread, even though this is a trivial
compile fix,
I decided to cut an RC2 in order to avoid breaking those who compile Mesos
from source.

* Improvements
- Allocator filter performance
- Port Ranges performance
- UUID performance
- `/state` endpoint performance
  - GLOG performance
  - Configurable task/framework history
  - Offer filter timeout fix for backlogged allocator

* Bugs
  - SSL
  - Libevent
  - Fixed point resources math
  - HDFS
  - Agent upgrade compatibility
  - Health checks

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=0.24.2-rc2

The candidate for Mesos 0.24.2 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.24.2-rc2/mesos-0.24.2.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.24.2-rc2:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.24.2-rc2

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.24.2-rc2/mesos-0.24.2.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.24.2-rc2/mesos-0.24.2.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1114

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.24.2!

The vote is open until Fri Mar 11 23:59:59 EST 2016 and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.24.2

MPark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.24.2 (rc2)

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.
Will do. Thanks!

Posted by Michael Park <mp...@apache.org>.
Will do. Thanks!