Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2009/02/21 23:40:01 UTC

What's in a name? was: Re: NFS mount

Hi Young-Hyun,

I can't answer your question; I'll defer that to someone else on the
thread that can help you.

The reason I'm commenting on this is related to the thread on the
project name.  Having done this before as an IBM employee working on
Apache Geronimo we went to great pains to ensure that we did not
assume IBM dependencies on the Apache Geronimo project.  The note
below is a good example.  Sounds like this person is asking about NCSU
administrative questions on this list.  As an Apache project I assume
all project participants do not have access to the infrastructure
described below.

I'm not trying to be a pain.  But the Incubator project at Apache is a
completely separate entity from NCSU.  Changing the name will likely
help make that transition happen sooner rather than later.  Otherwise,
it will continue to be easy to intertwine them.  Unfortunately, we
can't have our cake and eat it too.

Re: What's in a name? was: Re: NFS mount

Posted by John Bass <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hey Matt,

Sorry for the confusion. Young-Hyun is a graduate student at ncsu who is
configuring his own instance of apache vcl at the Secure Open Systems Lab at
ncsu. He downloaded the vcl code from the asf svn and is using it for his
research. Other than being a member of the same university, he has no ties
with the group on campus that maintains a production instance of the apache
vcl code.

Brian addressed Young-Hyun's question offline...

Regards,

John Bass
john_bass@ncsu.edu
www.cnl.ncsu.edu