Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 22:36:43 UTC

IvyDE - Is it possible to have it download sources & javadocs?

Hi,

My question really is in the subject. I tried posting earlier about
this issue, that time with screenshots of my settings, but I didn't
have any luck in getting a response. So I'm trying again. :-)

My follow up question is how do I get it to integrate sources and
javadocs in Eclipse?

Here is my ivy.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="2.0"
  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
	<info
	  organisation="net.mycompany"
	  module="webcookie"
	  status="integration"/>
	<configurations>
		<conf name="runtime" description="" />
		<conf name="compile" extends="runtime" description="" />
	</configurations>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency org="org.apache.wicket" name="wicket" rev="1.3.5"
conf="runtime->runtime">
			<exclude org="org.apache.portals.bridges" module="portals-bridges-common"/>
			<exclude org="javax.portlet" module="portlet-api"/>
		</dependency>
		<dependency org="org.apache.wicket" name="wicket-spring-annot"
rev="1.3.5" conf="runtime->default"/>
		<dependency org="org.slf4j" name="slf4j-log4j12" rev="1.5.6"
conf="runtime->default"/>
		<dependency org="org.slf4j" name="jcl-over-slf4j" rev="1.5.6"
conf="runtime->default"/>
		<dependency org="javax.servlet" name="servlet-api" rev="2.5"
conf="compile->provided"/>
		<dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="2.5.6"
conf="runtime->runtime"/>
		<dependency org="mysql" name="mysql-connector-java" rev="5.1.6"
conf="runtime->default"/>
		<dependency org="org.hibernate" name="hibernate-core" rev="3.3.1.GA"
conf="runtime->runtime,optional"/>
		<dependency org="org.hibernate" name="hibernate-annotations"
rev="3.4.0.GA" conf="runtime->default"/>
		<exclude module="commons-logging"/>
	</dependencies>
</ivy-module>

I don't use any ivysettings.xml and I use the default settings for
IvyDE. Still no Javadoc or sources and I would really like to enable
them. :-/

Best regards, Kent

Re: IvyDE - Is it possible to have it download sources & javadocs?

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ah! I understand. Great work fixing the bug! I'm looking forward to
the next version. :-)

Best regards,
Kent

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On lundi 11 mai 2009 08:21:31 kroekle wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but wont this only work for direct dependencies.
> If a dependency has a transitive dependency and the dependency's ivy file
> does not contain this same fix then no source/javadoc.  It seems to me that
> ivyde should be able to request the source/javadoc artifact without having
> to modify all the ivy.xml's

yes this is a regression which has already been fixed:

Posted by kroekle <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

Posted by Kent Larsson <ke...@gmail.com>.