Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Thomas McWork <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/09 07:42:58 UTC

unable to fetch index from Apache Archiva

Hello,

my IDE (Netbeans) fails every time it tries to get the index form Archiva.
I know that Archiva und the local maven configuration is generally working
because I can compile my projects and fetch the artifacts without any
problems. It's just not possible to get the index. This is the message in
the IDE log:

org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: File:
http://archiva/repository/internal/.index/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties
, ReasonPhrase:Not a valid request path layout, too short..
Caused: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Resource
nexus-maven-repository-index.properties does not exist

When I open the URL in a browser then I get this message:
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing
/repository/internal/.index/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties. Reason:
Not a valid request path layout, too short.

The fact that I'm using Netbeans should actually not be important here.

I've spotted that the index file indeed exists on the archiva server in
this path:

./repositories/repositories/internal/repositories/internal/.index/nexus-maven-repository-index.properties

Cheers,
Thomas