Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Ky <ha...@syd.speednet.com.au> on 2000/03/02 15:26:59 UTC

Axis Identifiers

Hi List:

What is the status the status of axis identifiers in
cocoon?

I tried the following:

<xsl:for-each select="menu-item[@caption=$selectedhmenu]">

And I got the required menu-item.  But when I did the following,
expecting to get all the menu-items preceding the selected one:

<xsl:for-each
select="preceding-sibling::menu-item[@caption=$selectedhmenu]">

I got nothing.

Does cocoon lack support for axis identifiers or have I misunderstood
their nature?

Thanks

John

Re: Axis Identifiers

Posted by John Ky <ha...@syd.speednet.com.au>.
Hi List:

Worked it out.  It is a two step process

<xsl:for-each select="menu-item[@caption=$selectedhmenu]">
    <xsl:for-each select="preceding-sibling::menu-item">
        <!-- stuff here -->
    </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:for-each>

My error was that I thought the node to be selected was the
context node whereas it really was the node within which
<xsl:for-each> is nested.  It all makes sense now.

John