Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Grunwalde <mg...@googlemail.com> on 2008/05/19 15:29:09 UTC

POM reference mistake - changing the reporting output directory

Hi,
The POM reference at
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Reporting
seems to have a mistake... the example states

  <reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <outputDirectory>${basedir}/target/site</outputDirectory>
        <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0.1</version>
        <reportSets>
          <reportSet></reportSet>
        </reportSets>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

but this doesn't allow me to change the output directory for the 'site'
goal. The following however, does:

  <reporting>
    <outputDirectory>/my/custom/site/directory</outputDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

Found using mvn help:effective-pom, and trial-and-error. I tried searching
the documentation for more info on this, but couldn't find it - perhaps
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/ has
potential for improvement?

Thanks,
Matthias