Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by MORÁVEK Peter <mo...@pobox.sk> on 2000/06/15 22:05:17 UTC

Linux Java distribution (OFF TOPIC)

Hello,

I'm deploying my Cocoon 1.7.4 application (XSP pages) on the Linux Redhat
6.2.
Which JDK should I install to run JServ on it  - which is the fastests ?

I have these choices:

Blackdown's jdk118_v1
Sun's JDK 1.2.2
Sun's JDK 1.3beta
IBM JDK 1.1.8

Thanks in advance

Peter

Re: Linux Java distribution (OFF TOPIC)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
IBM's JDK 1.3beta (at AlphaWorks site)

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Donald,

Can you provide me with a few examples ( or a link :) to crashing IBM's
jvm, it works fine here, but if there are some problems I'd rather not
use it for production.

-matt

Re: Linux Java distribution (OFF TOPIC) - Change Compiler ??

Posted by Markus Bernhardt <mb...@swsgmbh.de>.
Hi

is it possible to change the by cocoon used compiler to
anything else (jikes, etc.) ?

Why use jdk1.2 or jdk1.3
if jdk 1.1 does it ?

Markus

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Peter,

IBM's 1.3.0beta is available and I think it's great.  It seems more
snappy to me than blackdowns.  The only negative I've found, is the
compiler error messages are much more cryptic than those of
Sun's/Blackdown's jdks.

Look around the IBM site if interested.  If you're unable to find it
email me and I rummage around for the link.

-matt