Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com> on 2016/08/11 09:32:50 UTC

Karaf-4.0.5 - kar:install question

Hi,

I ran into issue with using kar archives. Because I am, for some mysterious reason, unable, on a Win 2012 Sever, to install bundles from a restricted repo, I tried a different approach to get my feature there:
- create a kar archive on system A.
- copy kar archive to system B.
- kar:install file.
- feature:install provided feature.

This fails because karaf goes out to the mvn repo instead of loading the artifacts from the local data/kar folder (I verified they are there).

Is this not the right procedure, or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks again,

Erwin

Re: Karaf-4.0.5 - kar:install question - SOLVED

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You are welcome :)

Regards
JB

Posted by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com>.
Hi JB,

Thanks for the reply.
> 2. The features XML refers some other features repositories.
>
> Can you check that ?

It does, but those are available from public repos.
	<repository>mvn:org.apache.cxf.dosgi/cxf-dosgi/1.7.0/xml/features</repository>
	<repository>mvn:org.ops4j.pax.jdbc/pax-jdbc-features/0.9.0/xml/features</repository>

Hmmm, you triggered something. My settings.xml specifies a mirror for all public repos… and that mirror requires authentication. Duh…

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Yes it should work as the Kar should embed all required artifacts.

What can happen:

1. Your Kar is not complete: you forgot some features in the Kar.
2. The features XML refers some other features repositories.

Can you check that ?

Thanks
Regards
JB