Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alick Buckley <Al...@lansa.com.au> on 2007/06/25 06:46:32 UTC

[Axis2] Which is the best data binding method ?

Hi,

I have started looking at using Axis2 1.2 for client side execution as this
stage.

	Apache generated client program  ----------- HTTP
--------------------> Web Service

I would like to use WSDL2Java to generate client code

	java org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java -uri MyService.wsdl -s -d adb

I want to stick with one databinding method to handle all WSDL's.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/adb/adb-howto.html

ADB - (Axis Data Binding) is meant to be a 'Simple' databinding framework
and was not meant to compile all types of schemas.

The following limitations are the most highlighted.

   1. Complex Extensions and Restrictions, Simple Extensions and
Restrictions are not supported.
   2. xsi:type based deserialization is not supported. Hence extension based
structures that use xsi:type attribute may fail

XMLBeans - http://xmlbeans.apache.org/

Jibx - http://jibx.sourceforge.net/

JaxMe - http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/

Jaxbri -

==================

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

Usage: WSDL2Java -uri <url or path> : A url or path to a WSDL
	  -o <path>                Specify a directory path for the
generated code.
	  -a                       Generate async style code only (Default:
off).
	  -s                       Generate sync style code only (Default:
off). Takes precedence over -a.
	  -p <pkg1>                Specify a custom package name for the
generated code.
	  -l <language>            Valid languages are java and csharp
(Default: java).
	  -t                       Generate a test case for the generated
code.
	  -ss                      Generate server side code (i.e.
skeletons) (Default: off).
	  -sd                      Generate service descriptor (i.e.
services.xml). (Default: off). Valid with -ss.
	  -d <databinding>         Valid databinding(s) are adb, xmlbeans,
jibx, jaxme and jaxbri (Default: adb).
	  -g                       Generates all the classes. Valid only
with -ss.
	  -pn <port_name>          Choose a specific port when there are
multiple ports in the wsdl.
	  -sn <service_name>       Choose a specific service when there are
multiple services in the wsdl.
	  -u                       Unpacks the databinding classes
	  -r <path>                Specify a repository against which code
is generated.
	  -ns2p ns1=pkg1,ns2=pkg2  Specify a custom package name for each
namespace specified in the wsdls schema.
	  -ssi                     Generate an interface for the service
implementation (Default: off).
	  -wv                      WSDL Version. Valid Options : 2, 2.0, 1.1
	  -S                      Specify a directory path for generated
source
	  -R                      Specify a directory path for generated
resources
	  -em                      Specify an external mapping file
	  -f                      Flattens the generated files
	  -uw                      Switch on un-wrapping.
	  -xsdconfig <path to file> Use XMLBeans .xsdconfig file. Valid only
with -d xmlbeans.

==================

regards

Re: [Axis2] Which is the best data binding method ?

Posted by Josh <ge...@gmail.com>.
Has anyone seen any online comparision of the different data binding
frameworks (Pros, Cons and Performance)?  I really liked the Jibx approach
at first, but had difficulty mapping a schema to my existing java objects.
If I had known about certain limitations earlier, I could have saved lots of
time.

-Joshua

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.