Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Philip Brown <ph...@bolthole.com> on 2003/10/19 07:55:20 UTC

request for simpler viewer invokation

I've just started messing with "squiggle". I'm not really interested in
creating SVG stuff. I just want a straightforward viewer, that works.
Having a decent java viewer seems to be a great way to go.

The only drawback with squiggle currently, is that it seems to be
only in verbose, fully "framed" mode.
It would be really nice to have a simple, unadorned,
"just display the image" mode, that I could then use to embed through
Plugger, into my non linux/windows web browser.

Re: request for simpler viewer invokation

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Philip Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 06:11:12AM -0400, Thomas DeWeese wrote:

>>    So squiggle is an application, as such it is as you say
>>'fully framed'.  However we provide Java components like
>>the org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas which more or less
>>"just display the image" (they have some built in 'navigation'
>>like pan, zoom, link traversal, etc).
>>
>>    I don't know what 'plugger' is, and I don't know how much
>>Java you know but creating a JSVGCanvas  to display an image
>>is (at it's simplest) 1 line of Java code.
>

> I (and others) would like to be able to use it as a standalone application
> in that mode, not write code for it.
> It would be nice if you could include such a wrapper in the standard
> distribution.

   Well I'm not sure I really see the usecase for it, but I've add JSVG the
"Hello World" of JSVGCanvas (well actually it goes a bit beyond just
"Hello World" but it is complete as far as it goes), in the contrib
area of Batik.  People may find it interesting as an example of how
to bring up the JSVGCanvas in a simplier application than the
svgbrowser.

   I have absolutely no plans to make this part of the standard
distribution (i.e. no top level jar in the Binary dist).

Re: request for simpler viewer invokation

Posted by Philip Brown <ph...@bolthole.com>.

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Philip,