Posted to users@maven.apache.org by GOKULAM Jayaram <JG...@covansys.com> on 2005/03/30 14:32:31 UTC

ANT FTP with Maven

Hi all,

Am trying to connect to FTP server of windows to linux, using a ant:ftp
from Maven.

When I run the above goal, it just displays the task on the console, and
it is not creating a directory as I wanted to.

<goal name="remote:ftp" description="Copy the artifacts">

            <ant:ftp action="mkdir" server="${maven.remote.machine}"
userid="${maven.remote.user}" password="${maven.remote.password}"
remotedir="${maven.remote.dir}">

                  <ant:fileset dir="${maven.build.dir}" />

              </ant:ftp>

    </goal>

Any help on the above issue would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jayaram

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.

Re: ANT FTP with Maven

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, GOKULAM Jayaram wrote:

Hi,

first of all: you might consider leaving the confidentiality footer out,
since this email is addressed to a list, not a person, and is readable
by the whole world :)

As you can read in http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html
nested fileset attributes are ignored in the ftp task. Instead
it wil mkdir the ${maven.remote.dir}, but that probably already exists,
so nothing is printed/done.

- Kenney

--
Kenney Westerhof