Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/02/13 11:42:09 UTC

Re: Nagios

Joe Schaefer writes:
> Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:53:40PM -0500, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> >> Any chance we can turn off the nagios notifications? Or at least turn
> >> them down in frequency?
> >
> > How about fixing the issues?  ;)   I haven't had time to figure out
> > what it's monitoring for, so I haven't prodded the box to figure out
> > what's up.  A quick look around makes it seem that things are ok, but
> > ...  <shrug>
>
> I took a peek inside the zone for the first time, and
> I'm pretty sure that the core problem is that whatever
> normally listens on port 8010 is currently not running.
>
> >>From <URL: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-commits/
>    200507.mbox/%3C20050706065803.13533.57014@ajax.apache.org%3E >
>
> it appears to be some python daemon related to the buildbot service.
> More than that I can't really say at this point.

Actually, it's my fault ;)

I stopped the various buildbot / nightly mass-checks / preflight
mass-checks that normally run on the zone, in order to free up CPU and I/O
capacity for the rescoring work that's going on.  With them running, the
rescoring stuff was just running too slowly; there's not a lot of free
capacity on that zone.

> In any case I
> think it's a good idea to disable the nags for now until the service
> is restored, so I've gone ahead and done that.  Let me know
> when it's ok to reactivate the alarms.

ok.

--j.